MATHEW WAGNER - Monday, August 12, 2013
Mikkel Diskerud and Rosenborg retained their lead in the Tippeligaen, while Steve Clark and Hønefoss dropped into last place.

Strømsgodset Drammen 2 - 2 Rosenberg Trondheim

Mikkel Diskerud and Rosenborg played a stalemate at Strømsgodset on Sunday to maintain their slim lead on top of the Tippeligaen season.

Diskerud started and played 58 minutes in central midfield for the Troll Kids, and he also picked up his second yellow card of the season in the ninth minute with a late tackle.

Despite Strømsgodset's dominance early in the game, Rosenborg weathered the storm and managed to take a lead in the 31st minute. Tobias Mikkelsen's free kick went right in the middle of the middle of the box, and captain Tore Reginiussen rose up to meet it with his head and put the ball in the back of the net.

Ola Kamara didn't take long to equalize the match for Strømsgodset. The forward received a through ball from Øyvind Storflor in the box and slid his shot underneath the goalkeeper for the goal in the 33rd minute.

Strømsgodset continued to pressure for another goal, and they got it in a 54th minute after Kamara won a free kick from 24 yards away. Storflor stepped up and powered his free kick into the top left corner of the net.

Strømsgodset had multiple opportunities to take a two-goal lead, but they failed to take advantage of them. In the 72nd minute, Rosenborg made its opponent pay from wasting those chances when John Chibuike scored an equalizer for Rosenborg. With his back to the goal, Alexander Søderlund headed the ball back from six-yard box to Chibuike, who scored from 11 yards away.

From there, Rosenborg held on to record the tie, keeping their two-point lead over Strømsgodset atop the Tippeligaen standings. The Troll Kids return to action on Saturday at home against Valerenga.

Haugesund 1 - 0 Hønefoss BK

Despite a strong performance from Steve Clark, Hønefoss lost their fourth-straight match at Haugesund on Sunday.

Clark started and went the distance in net for Hønefoss.

The home team took the lead in the 12th minute. Daniel Bamberg sent in a short cross from the right wing, and Christian Gytkjær got on the end of it. He took a touch to get around a defender and then slid the ball under a charging Clark from a tough angle to give his team the lead.

Clark spent the rest of the first half keeping Haugesund from blowing the game wide open. Things became more difficult for the away team when Øyvind Hoås picked up his second yellow card of the match in the 53rd minute, leaving Hønefoss down a man.

Haugesund cruised from that point until the last 10 minutes of the match, when Hønefoss tried to find an equalizer, but it was for naught. With the loss, Hønefoss dropped into last place in the Tippeligaen, and the team returns to action next Sunday against Sandnes Ulf.

Email (will not appear on the site)


Join the YA Email Alert?

Comments are moderated and will be posted if they are on-topic and free of profanity, abuse and spam. HTML and links are not allowed.


Pellegrino Matarazzo and VfB Stuttgart got their Bundesliga campaign off the ground on Saturday with a win over Mainz.
Marsch Wins Coaching Honor
American Trio Wins 3. Liga Title
Konrad Commits To Barcelona
Matarazzo, Stuttgart Eye Promotion