DAVID SMITH - Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Alejandro Bedoya and Örebro climbed into the Allsvenskan's upper half with a third straight win while Matt Pyzdrowski and Ängelholms FF remained in the Superttan lead with a win over Västeras.

Örebro SK 4 - 0 BK Häcken

Alejandro Bedoya played the full 90 minutes for Örebro on Sunday, helping the team to a blow-out win at home over Häcken.

While Häcken threatened in the early going, Örebro took the lead in the 34th minute when Bosnian midfielder Nordin Gerzic slide the ball to the right over to Per Johansson, who cut to the endline before firing a pass to Robin Staaf who was lurking in front of the open net for an easy tap-in.

The visitors kept the game close until the 61st minute, as Christoffer Källqvist was able to save a shot by Johansson, however the ball rattled around in front of goal long enough for Valdet Rama to rush in and put it away for 2-1.

Örebro then put it out of reach with eight minutes left when Kushtrim Lushtaku blasted in a loose ball from the edge of the six-yard box, and added a fourth for good measure at full time with Magnus Kihlberg nailing a shot from the right edge of the six-yard box to the far corner.

The victory brings Örebro up to eighth in the standings, and they will try for a fourth straight win on Sunday when they visit struggling Djurgardens IF.

Degerfors IF 1 - 2 Atvidabergs FF

Brian Edwards played the full 90 minutes in goal on Saturday as Degerfors IF were beaten at home by Atvidabergs FF

The hosts took an early lead, as Niklas Klingberg fought to maintain possession just outside of the area and fired a 20-yard beauty that beat Atvidaberg keeper Henrik Gustavsson at the far post in the fifth minute.

Åtvidaberg pulled even five minutes after the break as Jesper Arvidsson beat Edwards from the spot, with the American guessing the right direction but unable to stop the low blast inside the right post.

The visitors then earned the three points with 20 minutes left in the game, as Daniel Hallingström rose high at the right edge of the six-yard box to head in a cross from the left flank for the final 2-1 win.

Degerfors remain within three points of the Superettan's promotion spots, and will try to return to their winning ways when they visit Assyriska Föreningen on Sunday.

Ängelholms FF 3 - 1 Västeras SK

Matt Pyzdrowski and Ängelholms did well to remain atop the Superettan standings, cruising to a crucial victory over Västeras SK on Sunday.

The hosts received a gift for the opening goal, as Jörgen Nilsson was cut down in the penalty area by Oscar Pehrsson, allowing Jakob Augustsson to convert from the spot for what would be the first of two penalties in the contest.

Martin Andersen then served up a fine cross in the 43rd minute, which Tobias Johansson easily put away to double the lead.

Västers did succeed to put themselves within reach ten minutes after the break when Tobias Holmgren pulled down a long diagonal cross and struck from the far post, however another defensive error by the visitors sent Augustsson to the spot again in the 70th minute, with the defender hitting his third goal of the season for the final 3-1 score.

Ängelholm have a one-point cushion atop the standings, and will fully expect to take full points on Monday on their visit to last-place Qviding FIF.

Hammarby IF 1 - 3 Ljungskile SK

Nick Noble did a fine job in Ljungskile's goal and Michael Thomas played the full 90 minutes at right back for Ljungskile on Monday as they rode a second-half surge to a big win at Hammarby IF.

After a scoreless opening half, Hammarby were first on the board in the 47th minute when Sinan Ayranci was left free on a corner to head in uncontested for 1-0.

That would be the lone bright spot in an otherwise dismal half of play for the hosts. Ljungskile equalized in the 54th minute when the tail-end of a counter-attack saw Joakim Runnemo rush in from the right to receive a pass from Johan Patriksson, the proceed to hit a strong shot for 1-1.

Runnemo then put Ljungskile ahead midway through the half, taking the ball off of careless Hammarby center back Monday James and beating keeper Johannes Hopf to give his team the lead.

The game was put out of reach by the visitors with 15 minutes on the clock as a free kick by Richard Nilsson floated through the defense and laded to Gabriel Altemark-Vanneryr who toe-poked it over the line.

Hammarby were briefly reduced to ten min with one minute left after Marcus Törnstrand was shown his second yellow, but it was of little consequence as Ljungskile were happy with their 3-1 advantage and the three points.

The result pulls Ljungskile up to ninth in the standings, and they will next host third-place GIF Sundsvall on Sunday.


Ryan Miller was not included on the Halmstad bench on Sunday as they finally broke their seven-game losing streak with a wild 5-4 win over IFK Norrköping.

Sam Petrone was not included on Mjällby's bench on Saturday for their 1-1 draw at home to Malmö FF.

Email (will not appear on the site)


Join the YA Email Alert?

Comments are moderated and will be posted if they are on-topic and free of profanity, abuse and spam. HTML and links are not allowed.


Pellegrino Matarazzo and VfB Stuttgart got their Bundesliga campaign off the ground on Saturday with a win over Mainz.
Marsch Wins Coaching Honor
American Trio Wins 3. Liga Title
Konrad Commits To Barcelona
Matarazzo, Stuttgart Eye Promotion