AGBOSSOUMONDE DEAL DENIED
BRIAN SCIARETTA - Friday, November 6, 2009
Traffic Sports director Fernando Clavijo has denied that any deal had taken place between USA Under-20 central defender Gale Agbossoumonde and Portugese club Sporting Braga.

Earlier today Portugese newspaper A Bola reported that a deal between Traffic Sports, the sports marketing group that owns the rights to Agbossoumonde, and Sporting Braga had been reached. According to their report Agbossoumonde was to go on loan to Braga where he would start playing initially with the youth team and the club would have an option to extend the deal.

However, Clavijo says that no deal has been reached and that there are still several options on the table for the 17-year old Agbossoumonde.

"The reports of Gale Agbossoumonde going to Sporting Braga are incomplete," Clavijo told YA. "We are still looking at a number of options and offers for Gale in Europe, South America, and even the MLS."

"Sporting Braga is just one of the many options under consideration. We expect to have everything in place within the next 10 days."

The 6' 2" Togo-born Agbossoumonde, who was widely regarded as one of the best American players on the U-20 World Cup team, will turn 18 on November 17th and will be eligible to a sign contract with any foreign team.