CHRISTOPHER ANDERSON - Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Alejandro Bedoya struck early in a win for Örebro before getting sent off, while Ryan Miller helped his Halmstad teammates come from behind against the league's cellar-dwellers.

Örebro SK 1 – 0 Kalmar FF

Alejandro Bedoya returned from a one-game suspension and made his mark after only 16 seconds, only to see yellow twice and the suspension bench again.

The American kicked off from midfield of the Behrn Arena, made his way down on the first drive, and scooped up a loose ball in front of the net for the blitz 1-0 lead.

The play began after Markus Astvald caught up with a long midfield delivery at the touchline, and found Roni Porokara at the top of the box.

The Finnish forward couldn't get a good touch on the ball, but Bedoya followed up and lifted the ball past Kalmar keeper Etrit Berisha for the 1-0 lead and his second goal of the season.

Kalmar licked their wounds and saw an 11th minute equalizer whistled off after Örebro right back Patrik Anttonen coughed up the ball in the backfield.

Ricardo Santos waltzed unguarded into the box and unleashed a fine strike that pinged off the inside of the right post and back into play. Daniel Freire Mendes was there for the shot, but was well offsides.

Daniel Sobralense joined Santos in his disappointment after watching his 35-yard curling screamer smack the crossbar in the 40th minute.

After having received a 15th minute booking, Bedoya saw another yellow in the 71st minute after vying for position against Ricardo Santos. Referee Martin Strömbergsson deemed it as impeding his drive and displayed the yellow and red cards.

Ten-man Örebro held off the Red Brothers over the remaining 20 minutes for the win, which keeps them snug in third with 45 point and a ten-point buffer assuring them of a spot in European competition next season.

Next Sunday, Örebro travel to up to Gothenburg to face BK Häcken.

Gefle IF 1 – Halmstads BK 2

Halmstad did well to orchestrate a comeback after conceding early against the league's lagging club on Monday night in the Allsvenskan's northernmost stadium Strömvallen.

Ryan Miller recorded his 22nd start and went 90 minutes, helping out on the game winner in the second half.

The hosts lit up the scoreboard first in the ninth minute with a fortunate deflection off a Jens Portin corner from the right side.

The Finnish defender's delivery fell nicely into a crowd in front of the net and, after missing keeper Robin Malmkvist's attempted punch, glanced off Halmstad defender Tomas Zvirgzdauskas standing at the goalline. The goal was wrongly credited to Ghanaian striker Yussif Chibsah standing nearby.

Gefle's Jonas Lantto nearly doubled the advantage after 26 minutes with an arcing free kick from 25 yards out that hit the woodwork.

Halmstad struck back at the half-hour mark thanks to a nice piece of ball control in the box from Joe Sise.

Emil Salomonsson swung in from the right side for the Swede, covered tightly near the penalty spot by Gefle's Daniel Theorin.

Sise controlled the feed with a touch and got off a shot while falling back that poked the rear netting of Mattias Hugosson's net for the 1-1 score.

A Miller drive down the left side against defender Daniel Bernhardsson in the 72nd minute set up a corner that led to the eventual go-ahead goal.

Michael Görlitz swung in and found Sise at the goal box for the header that skipped past Hugosson for the winner.

The win brings Halmstad to 29 points in the standings with five games to go, four points above relegation zone, and poised to host IF Brommapojkarna on Sunday.