BRIAN SCIARETTA - Sunday, October 30, 2011
Bryan Gerzicich and Hapoel Kiryat Shmona won their fourth straight to claim third place in Israel Premier League while Leo Krupnik and Maccabi Netanya fell to fourth after a disappointing draw.

Hapoel Be'er Sheva 0 - 3 Hapoel Kiryat Shmona

Hapoel Kiryat Shmona continued their steady accent towards the top of Israel Premier League standings with a convincing 3-0 victory on the road against Hapoel Be'er Sheva.

As usual, Los Angeles-born Bryan Gerzicich started and went the distance for Kiryat Shmona.

New Jersey native Ryan Adeleye did not play for Hapoel Be'er Sheva

The game was played behind closed doors as the league punished Hapoel Be'er Sheva for an incident two weeks ago when the club's fans threw a tear gas grenade onto the field in a game against Maccabi Haifa.

Kiryat Shmona took the lead in the 43rd minute when Dusan Matovic broke down the left wing and found Shimon Abuhaztera who converted from close range to put the visitors on top 1-0.

In the 57th minute, Kiryat Shmona found a second when Barak Badash finished off a combination with Abuhaztera on fast paced break up the field to make the score 2-0.

Kiryat Shmona put the game out of reach in the 68th minute when Shlomi Azulay converted an Abuhaztera pass from close range.

With the win Kiryat Shmona now sits in third place in the Israeli Premier League and they trail first place Hapoel Tel Aviv by just one point.

Kiryat Shmona is the smallest team in the Israeli Premier League playing in a small town of just about 20,000 people. Still they are the hottest team in the country with four straight league victories and no losses since August.

Kiryat Shmona return to action next Saturday when they visit 12th place Maccabi Petah Tikva.

Maccabi Netanya 1-1 Hapoel Petah Tikva

After establishing themselves as one of the top teams in the Israeli Premeir League, Maccabi Netanya played to a disappointing home draw against last place Hapoel Petah Tikva at Sar-Tov Stadium.

Leo Krupnik started and went the distance for Maccabi Netanya.

After a scoreless first half, Hapoel Petah Tikva took a surprising lead in the 62nd minute when Yaniv Luzon's free kick found its way into the net after it was clumsily handled by Netanya goalkeeper Amir Edri to let the visitors go on top 1-0.

Just as Maccabi Petah Tikva believe they had three points secured, Maccabi Netanya found a late equalizer two minutes into injury time when forward Mohamed Kalibat capitalized from close range after being left unmarked in the box.

With the draw, Maccabi Netanya fell to fourth place in the Israeli Premier League standings. Next Saturday they return to Premier league action with a visit to eighth place Ashdod.