ANDREW VORCE - Monday, November 28, 2011
With Carlos Bocanegra injured, Rangers played to a shocking defeat against Kilmarnock while Dominic Cervi and Greenock Morton drew Queen of the South

Kilmarnock 1 - 0 Rangers

Carlos Bocanegra was a glaring omission in Ally McCoist's line up as Maurice Edu was the only American starter in Ranger's defeat away to Kilmarnock.

The US Mens National Team captain wasn't even named to the bench while Alejandro Bedoya made an appearance as a substitute. Sone Aluko slotted straight into the line up and had a list of chances, none of which being good enough to beat Cameron Bell and the Killie back line.

The lone goal came in the 80th minute as Killie pulled off a smash and grab job. Garry Hay sent a long ball down the field and Manuel Pascali's flicked header soared past Allan McGregor to win the game.

Bedoya had a golden opportunity with only Bell to beat but the striker didn't keep his nerve as his shot went straight at the keeper. Dean Shiels was the only Kilmarnock player booked while Steven Whittaker was booked for Gers.

Bocanegra will hope to slot back into the starting line up as Rangers host Dunfermline next Saturday.

Greenock Morton 1-1 Queen of the South

Dominic Cervi and Greenock Morton fought back to earn a draw in front of their home faithful.

Queen of the South midfielder got the better of Cervi in the opening minutes, scoring in just the second minute. Daniel Carmichael did the work down the right wing, and his cross was met by McLaughlin who stunned the Cappielow Park faithful.

Morton did not drop their heads and got back in to the game just 15 minutes later. Andrew Jackson was the hit man as the striker was left at point blank range to finish the job. Grant Evans notched the assist as his flicked header found Jackson for the close range finish.

Cervi was on hand to deny Carmichael his second after the keeper palmed away a 20 yard strike from the goal scorer. Cervi was no match for Stephen McKenna who put Queen of the South back in front 12 minutes after the break. Picking up possession from Kevin Holt, McKenna let loose on a 35 yard rocket into the upper corner.

Morton continued to showcase that never-say-die attitude as they equalized in the 82nd minute. Archie Campbell's ball into the box was a dangerous one, and Peter Weatherson was on hand to put on the finishing touch from close range.

Next up for Morton, an away trip to Falkirk on Saturday.