ANDREW VORCE - Monday, December 5, 2011
Maurice Edu and Rangers got back to winning ways as Dominic Cervi and Greenock Morton fell away from home.

Rangers 2 - 1 Dunfermline

Maurice Edu was the only American on the field as Rangers got back to winning ways against Dunfermline.

Carlos Bocanegra was unfit for the bench after picking up a hamstring injury last week. Alejandro Bedoya was speculated to have been injured but was fit enough for a place on the bench.

Rangers newest addition Sone Aluko looked to be the difference maker early on with his surging runs.

Gregg Wylde was also dangerous and he forced the error from the Pars that saw them go in front. Wylde's ball into the box was intended for Thomas King Bendiksen, but it was goalkeeper Paul Gallacher who got to the ball first.

His clearance only went as far as Alex Keddie and the deflection off of his own player resulted in a 21st minute own goal.

It took the Gers just seven minutes more to double their advantage. Aluko proved to be the difference as the danger man was tripped up in the box by Gary Mason. Referee Steve Conroy awarded the penalty for Nikica Jelavic to convert.

Dunfermline pulled one back in the 31st minute through Joe Cardle. Opting to go it alone the midfielder slalomed through the Rangers defense and his low shot zoomed past Allan McGregor.

Pars substitute Ryan Thomson was the only visiting player to pick up a yellow card.

Rangers defender Dorin Goian was the only player to pick up a booking for the hosts. Up next for Edu and company is an away trip to Hibernian.

Falkirk 1 - 0 Greenock Morton

Dominic Cervi was unable to keep Falkirk at bay as his team fell away from home.

Morton had the better of the chances, making MIchael McGovern the busier of the two keepers. Twice McGovern had to save from Darren McGeouch's efforts, and both times the keeper was equal to the task.

Cervi had little chance when Falkirk sprang into life two minutes before the hour mark. David Weatherston sent in an accurate cross that was met by Farid El Alagui. With it all still to do the goalscorer made no mistake, drilling his effort into the roof of the net.

Up next for Greenock is a home game against St. Patrick on Saturday.