ANDREW VORCE - Sunday, December 11, 2011
Carlos Bocanegra returned to Rangers starting line up as they picked up a win at Hibernian while Dominic Cervi could not keep Patrick Thistle at bay in Scottish action.

Hibernian 0 - 2 Rangers

Carlos Bocanegra returned to the starting line up for Rangers who put two past Hibernian on Saturday.

Having suffered from a slight hamstring injury, Bocanegra returned to join Maurice Edu in the starting 11 as Rangers are now in must win games. It took Rangers an hour before getting their opening goal, but Nikica Jelavic made sure the game was put to rest shortly there after.

The opening goal came moments after referee Iain Brines decided to not give Hibernian a penalty decision, but as Rangers countered the referee was pointing to the spot as Rangers' Lee Wallace was taken down in the box by MIchael Hart. Jelavic made no mistake from 12 yards out, opening the scoring in the 61st minute.

Hibs had a chance to level as Paul Hanlon headed over from close range, and they were made to pay for the miss as Rangers doubled their advantage in the 69th minute. Jelavic showed the Hibs man how it's done when he was left unmarked in the penalty box off of a corner. Gregg Wylde picked out the Croatian who headed past Graham Stack with ease.

Bocanegra, Edu and Kyle Bartley were all booked for Rangers while David Wotherspoon was booked for Hibs. Up next for Rangers is a home game versus Inverness.

Greenock Morton 1 - 2 Patrick Thistle

Dominic Cervi and Greenock Morton will feel they were robbed of a share of the spoils as Patrick Thistle grabbed the late game winner.

It was the visitors who opened the scoring just six minutes before going into the locker rooms at half time. Cervi had a long time to size up the shot from David Rowson, but the shot from the edge of the area flew into the top corner leaving the keeper helpless.

Morton were back on level terms just eight minutes into the second half as another goal from long range was scored at STADIUM. Like Cervi, Scott Fox saw the shot coming but Darren McGeouch had put enough zip on his shot that it snuck past the keeper into the bottom corner.

Thistle thought they may have had the winner in the 60th minute with a strike by Aaron Sinclair but Cervi was equal to the task. With just two minutes from time Morton let their concentration slip as Thistle made one last attack. Sinclair's ball into the box was converted from close range by Kris Doolan in the 88th minute to steal all three points for the visitors.

David O'Brian was the only Greenock player booked while Sinclair picked up a booking for Patrick Thistle. Cervi and company have until next Saturday to sort things out before they travel to Hamilton.