MATHEW WAGNER - Thursday, November 15, 2012
The lower seeds moved on in the Adeccoligaen promotion playoffs, as Kyle Helton, Rhett Bernstein and Mjøndalen crash out and Kenneth di Vita Jensen and Ullensaker/Kisa pulled off the upset.

Mjøndalen IF 1 - 2 FK Bodø/Glimt

Kyle Helton, Rhett Bernstein and Mjøndalen couldn't complete a late comeback against Bodø/Glimt on Wednesday.

Both Americans were subbed out in the second half, with Bernstein leaving the match in the 68th and Helton leaving in the 81st minute.

Mjøndalen started out the match looking the more dangerous, but it was the away team that scored first. In the 16th minute, former Mjøndalen player Magnus Sylling Olsen finished off a counterattack that turned the match on its head.

The goal took the wind out of the sails for Mjøndalen, although the team still controlled most of the ball for the rest of the half. The second half started out the same way as the first, with Mjøndalen looking the better team.

But, just like in the first half, Bodø/Glimt was the first to score in the second half. In the 67th minute, Vini Dantas banged in a long throw from Ruben Imingen, giving the away team a two-goal lead.

Mjøndalen immediately went into the panic mode, subbing off Bernstein right after the goal, and the change in attitude paid off in the 78th minute. Vieux Yakhya Sané handled the ball in the box, and Mjøndalen captain Bjarne Kortgaard Ingebretsen pulled back one for his team.

However, despite a flurry of action in the final minutes, Mjøndalen couldn't find the equalizer, and in the end, Bodø/Glimt moved onto the next round. With the loss, Mjøndalen's 2012 season is over.

Sandefjord Fotball 3 - 4 Ullensaker/Kisa IL

With a goal and an assist, Kenneth di Vita Jensen helped Ullensaker/Kisa jump out to a four-goal lead and hold off a furious Sandefjord comeback on Wednesday.

The American forward also recorded a yellow card in the 68th minute for a foul on Sandefjord captain Kristian Brix.

Ullensaker/Kisa dominated the home team in the first half, limiting Sandefjord's chances. Sandefjord didn't win a single 50-50 dual in the 18-yard box, and shots were limited.

The sixth place team also opened up the scoring early. In the fourth minute, di Vita Jensen charged at the goal from the left wing, before passing to fellow forward Steevan Dos Santos. Dos Santos then tapped the ball through Sandefjord goalkeeper Iven Austbø's five-hole.

Ullensaker/Kisa doubled its lead in the 17th minute, when the referee called for a penalty after a dangerous high kick within the 18-yard box. Kristian Flittie Onstad barely converted the penalty past Austbø.

The away team continued to shock the home fans by scoring for a third time in the 32nd minute. Onstad sent a free kick from the opposite of the halfway line, with Pål Steffen Andresen reaching it and heading it across the goalmouth. Martin Rosenkilde finished the play with his head at the edge of the six-yard box.

Ullensaker/Kisa took that three-goal lead into halftime, and di Vita Jensen added to it in the 50th minute. Simen Kind Mikalsen headed a pass to the American, who turned and beat Austbø to the right side of the net.

After that, Sandefjord finally woke and started a comeback. In the 59th minute, Panajotis Dimitriadis converted a penalty that was called due to a handball in the box. Then, in the 63rd minute, Dimitriadis struck again, this time after Jo Sondre Aas headed a deep corner across the goal line to him.

Sandefjord continued to press for more goals, but the team didn't score against until the fifth minute of stoppage time - once again with a Dimitriadis penalty. But, at that point, it was too late.

With the win, Ullensaker/Kisa moves onto the second round of qualification against Bodø/Glimt on Saturday.